Learn more about the educational resources that are available in the iFoster portal. These remote learning resources can help students study, practice skills, and learn new ones.
If you don’t have access to the iFoster portal, become a member today for free. Take advantage of these remote learning resources and thousands of other resources for foster families. Register here today.
Remote Learning Resources in the iFoster Portal
Learn more about some of the learning resources in the iFoster portal. This is not an exhaustive list of all of the learning resources available to iFoster members. Log in to the portal to explore more educational programs, support groups and discounts for school supplies and technology to enhance your student’s remote learning experience.
- Khan Academy: Students can practice skills and learn at their own pace with trusted content created by experts. Khan Academy’s library covers math, grammar, science, history, and more for grades K-12. With tools for both teachers and students, gaps can be identified, and tailored instruction plans developed to meet the individual needs of every student.
- Coursera: Build skills with courses, certifications and even degrees from 80+ top universities and colleges. Many courses, even those from top universities, can be accessed for free. Some courses could even count as a course credit at your school, college or university. Explore Coursera’s library of courses and learn new skills at your own pace. This is a great resource for learners of all ages to expand knowledge, improve your resume, or advance your career.
- Learnfree.org: GCFLearnFree has helped millions around the world learn the essential skills from math and reading to computer basics. Explore more than 90 tutorials with more than 1,000 lessons, videos and interactive lessons.
- Free Tutoring: We are thrilled to partner with the California Library System to access their free, online tutoring in math, science, language arts and social studies in both English and Spanish. Tutors are college professors, college students and professionals with advanced subject-area knowledge. Through the iFoster Portal, students can schedule a virtual class using any computer or mobile device with Internet access, 7 days a week, with no appointment necessary.
- Career Cruising: Find more information about Career Cruising in the Advisors & Support Groups category in the iFoster portal. This program provides you with the ability to search over 600 careers and 7,500 colleges, find financial aid for colleges and programs you’re interested in, search thousands of currently available jobs near you, and much more.
Become an iFoster Member for Free
These resources for remote learning for foster youth in addition to a large network of other programs and services that iFoster offers are instrumental in paving successful futures for our foster children.
The government and many other organizations currently do not provide these kinds of resources for kinship families. iFoster, however, caters to kinship families, foster caregivers, foster youth, agencies in the child welfare community, and many more.
If you believe you are eligible to become an iFoster member, join us for free and gain access to thousands of useful resources that can change the lives of the foster care community for the better. Remember: once you are an iFoster member, you have access to these benefits forever!
To become a member of the iFoster community and take advantage of these amazing foster care resources — plus gain a network of trusted foster care allies — register here today.
We’re here for you.